Friday, April 22, 2016

I tried...really I did

In my post on January 9, 2016, I gave a list of authors that I have avoided reading for one reason or another.  So far I have made it through a James Patterson, a Danielle Steele, and a Robert Galbraith without much trouble.  Then came April.

For April's author, I chose Diana Gabaldon.  Oh how I wish I hadn't.  I have twice tried to read Outlander.  Both times I gave up.  I just couldn't get into it. Since I didn't want to try again to read an 850 page book that I have given up on twice or listen to the 32 hour and 43 minute audiobook, I decided to try one of Diana Gabaldon's smaller tomes.  I chose to listen to the 9 hour and 24 minute Lord John and the Private Matter.  After 1 hour and 4 minutes of listening to Lord John try to get a peek at his niece's fiance's schmeckle (yes, I said SCHMECKLE!) to see if he has the pox (aka syphilis), I couldn't take it any more. I give up.  I just can't do it.

I am not a "you read that tripe?" snooty reader.  If you enjoy Outlander and the rest of Diana Gabaldon's books, I'm glad for you.  As for me. I tried but I just can't...

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retiring this blog

I am retiring my Blogger blogs.  Starting today, June 16, 2018 my blog posts will be found at  https://thislife225879410.wordpress.com