I thought it might be good to create a "how to" list to help people be good library patrons.
HOW TO BE A GOOD LIBRARY PATRON
- Don't lie. If you spilled something on the book you checked out, bring it in to us. We are more than willing to work with you if you are honest.
- If you know that your dog likes to chew on books, don't leave your library books where your dog can get them.
- READ the circulation policy handout we give you. This will help you avoid fines. Claiming we never told you that late fines for DVDs are a dollar a day per movie is not an excuse. We give EVERY new card holder a copy of our circulation policies.
- Peanut butter & jelly + little fingers + DVD = a DVD that won't play. Please supervise your children when they are using library materials.
- We understand that you need to study for your GED, SAT, Praxis, nursing exam - but please don't check out the study guides and never return them. There are others that need to study too.
- Writing in library books is NEVER acceptable. If you want to write notes in the margins of books, buy your own copy.